Traffic Management Implementation
RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
The Traffic Management for Construction or Maintenance Work Code of Practice 2008 requires workers involved in implementing a traffic management plan to be trained in the application of the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) Part 3 . Traffic Management Implementation (RIIWHS302D) provides the skills and knowledge required to implement a traffic guidance scheme for roadworks ensuring traffic flow is maintained and the safety of the public and workers is maximized.
Trainees must complete a log book recording practical completion of 3 signage setups on live sites (live sites are trainee responsibility to supply)
This unit requires compliance with the:
- Australian Standard AS1742.3 – 2009, Traffic Control for Works on Roads
- Code of Practice: “Traffic Management for construction or maintenance work 2008 QLD”
- Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) – Part 3
- Transport Operations Road Use Management Act and Regulations 1995
- Site specific Traffic Guidance Scheme / Traffic Management Plans
This course comprises of a one day classroom based theory lesson and three practical work site set-ups. This course must be completed within a three month timeframe.
NOTE: This course does not entitle a person to apply for a Qld Traffic Control Licence. The completion of ‘Control Traffic with a Stop-Slow Bat (RIIWHS205D) Course’ is required to be able to apply for a Qld Traffic Control Licence.
Interstate traffic management implementation officers with current accreditation do not need to do this course but can complete the Traffic Management Implementation – Renewal course instead.
- Completion of the below online courses prior to enrolment of the Traffic Management Implementation course:
- Working in Proximity to Traffic – Awareness Part 1 ($39.60pp) and
- Working in Proximity to Traffic – Awareness Part 2 Works Protection Methods ($39.60pp)
Further details can be found on the Department of Transport and Main Roads webpage here: eLearning Training Programs
***Evidence of the completed e-learning modules (Part 1 & 2) will need to be supplied at time of enrolment into the Traffic Management Implementation course***
- No formal entry requirements are needed. However it is mandatory that participants are able to communicate well and have sound literacy skills.
- Please be advised that all participants personal information will be collected and disclosed to TMR in accordance with the TMR licence agreement.
- Please ensure when on our premises that closed in footwear is worn.
- The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for the practical component is NOT provided to you by Schramm Group.
- Schramm Group does not guarantee employment at the completion of this training.
- It is also a pre-requisite on a construction site (e.g. a roadway) to hold a White Card / Blue Card (Construction Safety Induction Card).